SPOUSE VISA 2020
What is a Canada Spouse Visa?
Canada Spouse Visa requires Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 18 or older to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner residing outside of Canada.
A Common-Law Partner is a person of the opposite or same sex with whom you have shared a conjugal relationship for at least one year. With the exception of short trips for business or family reasons, you must have lived together for a total of 12 months. You’ll need to show proof that you’ve put together a household.
A Conjugal Partner is a common-law partner with whom you have not been able to live consistently for a year, or a spouse who is unable to legally marry their sponsor due to marital status, immigration barriers, or sexual orientation because it is not an option.
You are married to a spouse of the same sex or the same sex.
Canada Spouse Visa Requirements:
- Provide a marriage certificate from the province or territory in Canada where you were married.
- If you were married outside of Canada, provide proof of a lawful marriage; the marriage must be legal both in the country where you were married and under Canadian law.
- If you are married in an embassy or consulate, show documentation of a legitimate marriage; marriage must be legal depending on the country in which the embassy or consulate is located.
- Show that you will remain in Canada until your spouse, common-law partner, or civil partner becomes a permanent resident (in the event that the sponsor lives in Canada while applying for a visa).
- Sign a contract stating that both the sponsor and the sponsored person are aware of their respective roles and obligations. Both the sponsor and the person who is being sponsored must sign this document.
- Sign an agreement pledging to meet the basic needs of their spouse or common-law partner; the sponsor is required to sign the document.
- Showcase the true nature of your relationship with your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner. It is critical to demonstrate that your relationship with your partner is genuine, and that they are immigrating to Canada because of you, not only because of their desire to live and work in the country. A real relationship can be shown by:
- A marriage certificate
- Frequent contact, such as letters, phone calls and emails
- Pictures of you together with your spouse
- Joint arrangements such as a lease deal and/or bank accounts
Other Information Regarding Canada Spouse Visa:
- If you came to Canada as a supported spouse or partner, you are not qualified to support a new spouse or partner for a period of five years from the date you arrived.
- Conditional Permanent Residency for assisted spouses and partners of Canadian nationals was abolished by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on April 28, 2017. The abolished rule permitted a supported spouse or partner to live with their sponsor for two years. In order to prevent marriage fraud, the IRCC will continue to monitor sponsorship relationships and will keep the five-year marriage limit in place.
- The spouse or common-law partner will continue to work while their Canada Spouse Visa application is being processed.
- The IRCC is expediting the screening of spousal sponsorship applications. While complex cases will take longer to process, they announced major reforms on December 7, 2016, that will enable most spousal sponsorship applications to be processed within a 12-month period.
Visamates Immigration Services provides a wide range of legal services, including immigration, education, and legal advice, to clients all over the world.
Our Immigration Services are designed to provide accurate information to our clients so they can make educated decisions. We provide comprehensive and up-to-date immigration advice and services to individuals, families, and small business owners all over the world.
At Visamates Immigration, we strive to make the complicated process of preparing financial documents, authenticating documents, filling out applications, obtaining visas, and obtaining work and residency permits as simple, fast, and easy as possible for our clients.
Over the past ten years, we have consistently provided effective immigration and services, ensuring a stress-free experience for our clients by answering questions and delivering solutions along the way.
For more information on the Canada Spouse Visa or to check your eligibility to transfer under the Canadian Spouse Visa, contact our team of seasoned experts, skilled advisors, and highly qualified instructors.