SPOUSE VISA 2020
What is a Canada Spouse Visa?
Canada Spouse Visa requires Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 18 or older to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner residing outside of Canada.
A Common-Law Partner is a person of the opposite or same sex with whom you have lived for at least one year in a conjugal relationship. You must have consistently lived together for 12 months, with the exception of brief trips for company or family purposes. You will have to include evidence that you’ve put together a household.
A Conjugal Partner is a common-law partner with whom you have not been able to live consistently for a year, or a spouse who can not legally marry their sponsor because it is not a choice because of marital status, immigration barriers or sexual orientation.
A partner is of the opposite sex or the same sex and you are married.
Canada Spouse Visa Requirements:
- Give a marriage certificate from the province or territory where you married in Canada.
- Provide evidence of a legitimate marriage if you have been married outside Canada; the marriage must be legally valid both in the place where you have been married and under Canadian legislation.
- If you are married in an embassy or consulate, show documentation of a legitimate marriage; marriage must be legal depending on the country in which the embassy or consulate is located.
- Demonstrate that you will be residing in Canada until your spouse or common-law or civil partner becomes a permanent resident (in the event that the sponsor lives in Canada while applying for a visa).
- Sign an agreement confirming that both the sponsor and the sponsored individual recognise their shared duties and responsibilities. This agreement has to be signed by both the sponsor and the individual being sponsored.
- Sign an undertaking which is committed to meeting the basic needs of its spouse or common-law partner; the sponsor is obligated to sign the agreement.
- Display the true essence of your bond with your partner or common-law or conjugal partner. It is important to prove that your relationship with your partner is real and because of you and not just because of their desire to live and work in the country, they are immigrating to Canada. Proof of a true partnership can be proven by:
- A marriage certificate
- Frequent contact, such as letters, phone calls and emails
- Pictures of you together with your spouse
- Joint arrangements such as a lease deal and/or bank accounts
Other Information Regarding Canada Spouse Visa:
- You are not entitled to support a new spouse or partner for a period of 5 years from the date you arrived in Canada if you joined Canada as a sponsored spouse or partner.
- Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has abolished Conditional Permanent Residency for supported spouses and partners of Canadian residents as of April 28, 2017. For two years, the removed rule allowed a sponsored spouse or partner to reside with their sponsor,To search for marriage fraud, the IRCC will continue to track sponsorship relationships and will retain the five-year marriage ban on sponsoring someone else.
- Although their Canada Spouse Visa application is being finalised, the spouse or common-law partner can be able to function.
- The IRCC is accelerating screening of applications for spousal sponsorship. Although complex cases will take more time to process, on December 7, 2016, they announced major reforms to allow most spousal sponsorship applications to be processed within a 12-month time frame.
Visamates Immigration Services offers a broad variety of legal services globally, including immigration, education, and legal advice.
Our Immigration Services are designed to empower our customers with detailed knowledge to make informed decisions by offering extensive and up-to – date immigration advice and services to individuals , families and SME business owners worldwide.
We at Visamates Immigration aim to make the complicated process of preparing financial papers, authenticating documents, filling applications, obtaining visas and obtaining work and residency permits for our clients as convenient, fast and easy as possible.
We have been consistent in offering effective immigration and services for the last 10 years, guaranteeing our client’s hassle-free experience by answering questions and providing solutions every step of the way.
Get in touch with our team of experienced experts, professional advisors and highly trained instructors for more information on Canada Spouse Visa or to verify your eligibility to move under the Canadian Spouse Visa.